Monday, January 14, 2013

Following the Heart to Happiness

    What is the reason we are doing this? I try to answer inquiries about our trip, and feel that my words are always empty. To explain the deep seeded motivations behind this change is not easily done with words. And although we share many reasons for doing this, I can only speak for myself. Really, I just feel like this is what I'm supposed to be doing at this time of my life. I'm just following a feeling, or an intuition. I guess you can say it's as simple as that. Of course I have analyzed the logic and sensibility of following this intuition. This house, this job, this routine, all feels confining. This box must be broken. Not that I don't appreciate the comfort of my home or the education I gain at work. I love cooking, and some day I will completely immerse myself in mastering the skill. This routine tires me out though, makes me complacent. I center my days around going into work. We go get a taste of nature once every few months on mini vacations in which we are rushing to enjoy what we can in a few days, most of that time is spent driving and the trip is generally not fulfilling and the time constraint stressful. This lifestyle simply doesn't allow the freedom my heart desires. Like I said, I enjoy my job. I also value being a productive member of society, but the bottom line is, I want the choice to live my life as I see fit. Choice is what it all comes down to, I feel the need to exercise choice. Why are we living like this? Simply because society taught us this is how we are supposed to live. Why aren't we taught to follow our hearts to happiness? Besides, I think real world experience is the best education one can get. I want to wake up with the sun every morning and have to work for my food, find a place to sleep, and go to bed with the moonrise. This world of modern conveniences, cozy houses, and artificial comforts can be toxic. I want life to be little difficult, I want to be physically exhausted, and my senses overwhelmed when I lay my head to rest. I have the rest of my life to look forward to a domestic lifestyle, eventually my aching bones will crave the comforts and my soul will crave stability.
      My first life changing alternative travel experience was two years ago when Ty and I hitchhiked here from California, and it was so liberating.Just to know that it's possible to take life by the reigns and steer it any direction you chose. I felt like time went by too quickly though, and before we knew it we were restarting here in New Mexico, with new jobs and renting a new house, falling right back into a work and consume routine. Also, hitchhiking was a wonderful experience and a valuable test of positive manifestation, but it left our wilderness adventures limited. We couldn't always get where we wanted to go, and often had to pass by places we felt inclined to explore. This is why we have chosen to pass through many of the same areas again, this time with our jeep, so we will have the freedom to go wherever our hearts desire.
        So this is yet another attempt to explain why we are doing what we are doing. I'm not sure if this will be any more effective than my spoken word, but in all actuality it really doesn't matter. This trip is personal, it doesn't require the approval of anyone. I do believe, however, that many of you share these same sentiments, and crave the same adventure we are seeking. Maybe you too, will decide to break free.

No comments:

Post a Comment