Monday, March 25, 2013

Freedom Begins

     Today was my last day at work. It ended with a bang, the chef quit and I almost walked out myself, considering yesterday was technically supposed to be my last day and he talked me into coming in today. Not to mention there was two new people there I was trying to train and my right hand man, the grill cook Skyler was scheduled off. It was crazy, and I was terribly angry over the whole situation,  but I decided to stay and get the kitchen through the night one last time. It turned out alright and at the end of the night the owners of the restaurant presented me with a cake and everyone said farewell and good luck and thanked me for my time there. I was a star employee for a year straight almost a year on the dot. Never called off, never even asked for time off, gave 6 days out every week of my life this last year to this restaurant. It's been hard stressful work, by far the most stressful job I've ever performed, but it's also been educational and challenging and for that I'm appreciative and reminded that it was not time wasted. However, I am so ready to get outside and paint my life with some color instead of slaving away in monotony to bring someone else's goal to fruition. They are still trying to bribe me into staying another week since the chef just walked out, they've offered me double the pay for the week to make it worth my while. A part of myself feels obligated, like I have always felt, hence the reason I've never even missed a day or requested a vacation. The money's not worth the prolonged sentence though, I'm free and I'm not turning back now.
    This week we'll be getting everything ready for a major yard sale. We're selling off nearly all our material burdens for some extra road cash. My dad is kind enough to let us store a few things at his place, but all the furniture, dishes, most the clothes, and all that riff raff is going. We just want to call it a wrap and roll outta town. Shit's about to get real, this is no longer just an idea or a dream, it's happening.

Peace Love and Road Dust

-Shawna

"Tell me, what is it you plan to do with your one wild and precious life?" - Mary Oliver


2 comments:

  1. All the blessing on your adventure. Cant wait to read and follow. Much love! Rachel.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for your blessing Rachel, it's good to hear from you. And thanks for the comment, I feel like it's a real blog now, lol

    ReplyDelete